UPDATE 2nd March 2018


The two hydro schemes have been working at maximum capacity throughout the winter and we are awaiting the first payment from the feed in tariff.

Ross has his first payment and Hydrover say we should be paid in March as they will be paid from SSE in March (one year since the scheme was formed)




Ardentinny Renewables Trust



Douglas Menzies              Bill Tierney          Neil Robinson                    Janette Reilly      Ross McCarther                              

Kenneth Evans                                                



Rob Bray


Not in attendance

David Mackenzie              Thomas Marshall






DM introduced everyone including Kenneth and a vote was conducted to co-opt Kenneth onto the ART.


Kenneth would become a direct replacement for Thomas Marshall who was stepping down from the group




Vote was proposed by Douglas Menzies


Seconded by Bill Teirney


Everyone present was in favour and Kenneth is now a co-opted member of the ART


DM gave an overview of the current standing of the ART which is now fully set up as a charity which does have rules , a fully accepted constitution and responsibility’s such as attendance of meetings as and when required by the group




DM asked the secretary NR to remove Thomas Marshal from the headed paper and replace him with KE


Completed letter head has been revised.


DM gave a full overview of the state of play for the current Hydrover system

This system is now fully in place and although there are some minor teething issues with reception for the communications the system is complete and the ART may receive the first funds sometime in November 2017.




RM gave an overview of his current system.

The system still has outstanding work to be completed such as electrical work and some turbine work but he expects the system to be up and running by the end of July.

He has had to downgrade the system from 200kw to 100Kw due to decreases in the current FIT rates and increases in other costs, clearly this will have an impact on the amount of money coming into the group but until the system is up and running it is unknown how much the impact will actually be.

He will inform the group once all the work has been completed and give us a full tour of the site


RM also stated that he is considering putting in another smaller 50Kw system in the area sometime in the future, he will notify the group if this goes ahead.


Click for Map
sitemap | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement